Image Map

Saturday, February 9, 2013

What was I thinking??

Hello there!  I'm sure that there are several other teachers out there...new teachers...that are struggling just as I am.  But, for some reason, when it's happening to you...you tend to feel like you are the only one in the world experiencing it!  So....I have decided to blog a bit about the adventures...the struggles...the laughter as well as the tears in my journey as a 3rd grade teacher. 

I am not a first year teacher, as much as it may feel that way.  I taught kinder my first year and that was an adventure!  I taught 1st grade at the beginning of this school year and then was moved to 3rd grade over Christmas break.  Now, to be fair, I have always wanted to teach older kiddos and my principal knew this.  She saw an opportunity for me to "move up"
 (if we dare call it that) and asked me...I agreed...so I am not a victim of a brutal grade swap, but rather an unsuspecting, naive idiot, who agreed to something she was in no way ready for.


With that being said, I do love my job.  I truly do.  I have wanted to teach since I was in elementary school and I made my siblings play "school" with me.  I remember finding teachers editions and being in love with the idea of teaching.  I still am! 

I follow between 30-40 teaching blogs as it is...and I add to that list on a weekly basis.  I love the community of teachers out there who know how hard our jobs are and are willing to share what is working in their classrooms.  I hope to be "that kind of blogger" one day.  But for now, I will blog about my days in the classroom in hopes that I will get better at what I do.....


~Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment