Image Map

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Blizzard....really?? And some fraction fun!

For those of you not familiar with Texas weather...let me give you a quick run-down.  We have days of 70 degree heaven followed immediately by days of below freezing, wind-blowing madness.  It's ri-di-cu-lous...and it causes a wardrobe nightmare.  You can't pack up your winter clothes in the spring because it may snow at any given moment...and you can't pack up your flip-flops in the winter because it may be 75 degrees and sunny....uugggHHH!! We are 2 weeks away from Spring Break in our district and are under a blizzard warning in the Texas panhandle.  FUN!  I'm half hoping for a snow day tomorrow, but I also know that when that day comes in the spring where we have to go to school to make up for the snow day....I will be very, very sad :(

Moving on to more school related fun....

My kids are busy wrapping up our fraction unit.  We have done the heavy lifting and are finishing up with fractions on a number line this next week.  My kiddos really seem to get fractions...which was surpring to me.  I thought they would have more trouble...but they are breezing through it :)

We used a foldable for comparing fractions from Abby Sandlin.  It's a quick and easy way to assess the kids on what they know...and they had fun doing it! You can get it at her TpT store for {FREE}!!




In my plans to use fractions on a number line, I noticed that Abby has some great stuff to use with that also.  It's way cute....and I'm gonna go buy it...NOW!

I hope you all had a great weekend! 






No comments:

Post a Comment